Nicholas W. Karas has lived in the Chicago area his entire life. He is a graduate of Marist High School, received his B.A. from Loyola University of Chicago and his law degree from John Marshall Law School.
He served as an assistant state's attorney in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office for more than 10 years before entering private practice. As an assistant state's attorney, Mr. Karas was selected to prosecute many high-profile cases and served as a supervisor in the Felony Review Division.
Mr. Karas started his current practice in 2008 in Palos Heights and practices in Cook County and the surrounding counties including Cook, Will and DuPage. In addition, Mr. Karas has attorneys on staff with extensive experience in criminal law, personal injury, workers' compensation, medical malpractice, family law and estate planning. Such attorneys have some 30-plus years of experience in such areas. Mr. Karas is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, Southwest Bar Association, South Suburban Bar Association, Cook County Bar Association and Northwest Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) Card Denials
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: Dean's List
- Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Southwest Bar Association
- South Suburban Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- Northwest Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Cook County State Attorney’s Office, Assistant State’s Attorney